Monday, November 10, 2008

Prop. 8 voting

Sorry we haven't blogged in a week. I got sick and we have been busy with school, for him, and work. I wanted to say the numbers for the Prop. 8 in california. I am happy they passed. Now if people stopped protesting it, it will be fine.

Because of you, Proposition 8 has been enacted! The final numbers this afternoon from the Secretary of State’s office show that Prop 8 was adopted by a margin of 52.5% Yes to 47.5% No. We racked up a 504,479 vote victory!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yay!
I agree, this protesting is awful. I wish it would stop.
Sure people have their right to protest, just like those who voted for Prop 8 had their right to do so too.
I wish people would look at the stats and realize that Mormons weren't the only people who voted Yes and make up just a percentage of the people who did.
Anyway... I hope you're not feeling sick anymore.

Mommy Tray said...

What I think is great, is that Religious Leaders from other churches (Baptist and Catholic) have come out and defended our church. They have said that the Mormons are but a small part of all those that voted YES on Prop. 8. I loved reading that.